Monday, June 4, 2012

Family Dinner Date FAIL

We have attempted a few dinners, or i should say family dates, since Raya's birth and it's certainly not the same as it used to be (I know everybody said life would change but until you live it you never really know how things will change exactly). On our first "date" night out was the Saturday after our family visitors had left, Tm had the night off and I suggested going to dinner!! Raya was (is) still on a fairly unpredictable schedule and after she ate then fell asleep I said "ok let's go!" with the hopes that we'd have 2-3 hours of time to play with, plenty of time to have dinner and get back home. Tim needed new shoes so we stopped at DSW which ate into our time by about 30 minutes. tick-tock-tick-tock

After shoe shopping (which I may add I did not get any new shoes :(  I didn't even LOOK in the women's section while we were there - I guess I have new priorities like strolling a baby around so she doesn't get crabby!!) we went to The Tilted Kilt in Mission Valley.  Our drinks came right away and then food service was kinda slow...ughhhhh. It was kinda loud in the restaurant and Raya was a champ sleeping through it....until....the TV's got super loud and her hunger set in JUST as our food came - out came Little Miss FUSSY pants! Tim held her while I ate and then he started to eat and I took her, go figure his salmon was a bit undercooked, which he wanted heated a little longer, that took what felt like forever to reheat/ remake.

This was pre-pumping bottles so with no soothing Raya in sight and at the risk of getting bevil eyes from all tables around us, I left him inside and off to the car I went. I fed her in the car while he was working out his re-cooked salmon.  We realized next time we even attempt to do that we NEED a bottle. Family dinner date night FAIL!!

Lesson learned...so during the week, I worked on my pumping to save up some milk. Next date night was to the Brigantine a week later and she slept through 95% of it and when she woke we were prepared with a bottle...PHEW, family dinner date night SUCCESS!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by how much you've gone out with Raya already!!! Well glad your 2nd family dinner date went so well;) she's not even 1.5 months yet and she's been to the park, restaurants of all types, an industry event, grandma's house, the airport lol:), all of the stores, red box:-) and the movies today, right;) you're such a fun mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete