Monday, May 21, 2012

The Schusters Visit

Grandma ended up being here the week prior to Raya's birth and the week following.  She had booked her flight a few months in advance and the timing of it worked out great since it was unpredictable when Raya would arrive.  We scheduled for Auntie June to come a few days after my mom left to visit and span the help over a few weeks. 

Grandma cooked us some yummy meals and spent some QT with her first grandchild Zara (I'm still not sure if she was more excited for Raya to be born or to visit with Zara ;)  JUST KIDDING!)  Auntie certainly has a way with children and did not mind holding Raya time after time when she was just crying away and I needed to get something done or just get a BREAK.  It was certainly helpful to have extra set of hands early on when everything was all still so new to us (who am I kidding it is all STILL so new to us).  It was nice to visit with both my mom and sister and I admit it was very hard to say goodbye.  Both weeks seemed to go SO FAST, each day has gone fast since as well.  I know it is a hormonal time but I couldn't help but feel so guilty that I live so far from them and it is the first grandchild for my mom and first niece for my sister.  We thankfully all have iPads and have been chatting via Facetime frequently since but it's not the same as getting to see her grow in person :(  It still makes me sad but I am just going to have to season Raya to be a bi-coastal traveller early on!!  Northeast here we come...soon enough, I'm not going to rush it just yet!
With Daddy and Grandma at first doctors appointment

Chillin with Grandma at home
Giggles for Grandma!

Funtime with Auntie Juney

Auntie loves you SOOOOO much!!
LOVE LOVE the adorable hat from Auntie!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww what a sweet entry;) Love the pics of grandma, too! I know if I could just get my body healed before ummmm 2013 2014 whew, I need to be closer to you and my beautiful niece, but she 'll love being a bicoastal baby, so fun! And yes, take your time before traveling anywhere;) beautiful entry:-)

    ReplyDelete