Monday, May 14, 2012

Recovery

After a little bonding time it was time for Raya to get her vitals taken. To say I was SHOCKED, is an understatement, when I looked at the scale and she weighed less than 7 pounds.  She is such a little peanut and I love her and am SO excited we get to use the newborn clothes we have!!!  I thought for sure being so late that I was going to have a baby that fit right into 3 month clothing :)



It was also time for Tim to change his FIRST diaper EVER!!  With a little help from the nurse he did a great job and just under three weeks later he is starting to hold his breath less and less each time he does it, I think he finally is realizing that her diapers don't smell yet so he needs to save that breath for when they do start smelling!!

While we were recovering, family that had been waiting in the waiting room were allowed to come in and visit.  The Altbaum siblings were there as well as Grandma Altbaum, everybody commented at all the hair Raya had and how little she was.  Tim's brother brought a bottle of some type of liquor and they were all able to share a shot together, I was glad he brought something because I felt bad we didn't have anything for Tim to cheers him as a dad and for being such a great and patient coach during the day.  To be fair the only time I kinda went nuts on him was when he was trying to find music to play and he kept a Christina Aguilera song on that I was NOT in the mood to hear, haha!

My mom was also there, which was extremely special to me (and her too).  Raya is her first grandchild and I am glad she was able to be a part of the day and that experience!

Three generations!


1 comment: