Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We were discharged from the hospital on Thursday morning, they would have allowed us to leave on Wednesday night (24 hours from delivery) but we just felt comfortable staying there one extra night to get a little more help from the nurses and make sure that we felt OK with everything before heading home.  My sister (aka Auntie June or Juney, its a nickname I've had for her since childhood) bought Raya the most adorable Eiffel tower onesie for my NY shower, being that Raya's nursery has a french inspired theme.  It was the tiniest onesie I think I had ever seen but sure enough little Raya was swimming in it when I put it on her to take her home :)   



Thankfully the nurse walked down to the lobby with us to make sure we knew how to put Raya in the car seat and we definitely needed her to show us!  Tim is good with mechanics of things so he picked up quickly!

I BROKE down (in a good way) as we walked out of the hospital... I think it was that moment that hit me that "I am a MOM", Tim and I were now responsible for this tiny little infant and it wasn't until then that it felt real.  We set the car seat in the base and we were ready to go!  Raya had her eyes wide open during the short 5 minute ride home, she was taking it all in!

We got home and I went in first to say hello to Zara, then brought her outside to meet her new sister.  She was DEFINITELY confused and a little startled at "this thing we brought home that squeaked, moved around and made noise but that she couldn't play with".  The first night she must have gotten out of her bed about 10x when she heard the baby make noises but now she has settled in and adjusted and is becoming very protective of her :) Very cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment