Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Good Day!

It only took 8 weeks but we are starting to settle into a little groove, how long before it goes off course?? Probably not long so I want to remember the little normalcy I had :)

Everyday is a great day but Friday was fantastic and the beautiful sun was out in San Diego! Tim left for an event setup around 8 AM, after Rayas morning feeding she relaxed while I made the bed, then we got changed and took Zara to the dog park. On the way home from the dog park R fell asleep so I dropped Z off at the house and headed to the grocery store to get ingredients for some yummy recipes I found on Pinterest that I was going to attempt for dinner. As we were getting home R was waking up and it was feeding time, she patiently hung out in the Bjorn carrier (thank you Michelle for letting us borrow it and showing me how to use it!) while I put the groceries away. After she had her lunch we watched her 'my baby can read video' which she enjoyed, I think! She sat through the video and tracked with her eyes...such a good student already ;).

Then I sat her in her mammaroo chair ( we love that chair!) and she hung out while I started prepping some of dinner. It was time for naptime and she didn't resist being swaddled and set in her bassinet for some Zzzzzs. As she napped I was able to respond to some emails, finish prepping dinner and read a little...I think I even got a load of laundry in there too!

My favorite part of the day was around 4:00 PM Tim came home and I was able to actually go for a jog by MYSELF...woohoo first time in probably 10 months that had happened :) I got home and showered, we ate dinner, R had eaten just before I ran so she was content until just after we ate. She then had her dinner, had bath time, daddy read her a few books and she was down for the night and slept for 7.5 hours!

It felt so good to have a day that seemed to flow so well and feel just a little productive!

1 comment:

  1. More like the most fabulous new mommy day ever!!! Impressive:-)

    ReplyDelete