Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Final Countdown

I cannot believe that I am less than two weeks 'til due date...as much as the past few weeks have been dragging, it's still surreal that by the end of April, we will be a family of 3 (well 4, we can't forget about our first born via surrogate, Zara)!

I went to an acupuncturist for the first time yesterday, she was great and spent the time to sit and talk to me about my concerns and symptoms and it was so relaxing, if you are looking or somebody I would recommend her, Jutta at the Kuhn Clinic, http://thekuhnclinic.com/ . She placed some needles in my back and on my foot and also used some heat therapy and I will say baby girl was certainly moving around so whatever she did caused some activity inside.  I am going to see her twice a week until my due date and we shall see in the next two weeks if her work pays off and I do not need to be medically induced to get the baby here.  I still have 1.5 weeks to go but this little girl is still sitting up high and I have the birth stories of my friends in the back of my head of being two weeks late, needing to be induced with pitocin, laboring for 25+ hours and pushing unsuccessfully, only to end up exhausted, effected by drugs they were administered and having a C-section.  I DON'T want to be one of them so I am trying what I can to go into labor naturally and hopefully not too late. 

We are enjoying our quiet nights and our last few date nights but I think we are also ready for Raya to join us.  We can't wait to see what and who she looks like, what her personality is going to be, and how we are going to adjust as parents, oh how things are going to change in just a short time!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just relived my delivery!!! LOL! She will come soon and be amazing...don't rush her, evict her after the 14th but not before! xoxo See you Thurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow acupuncture huh:) What an experience for you, so now you know what I meant all these times, I'm so glad that you were comfortable and are going back there! Don't worry about all the what ifs you're going to be great can't believe she's coming into the world so soon! I am so excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete