Friday, April 13, 2012

Date night!

Ok, I know celebrating the anniversary of the day you got engaged is a little silly and to be honest I don't think we even did last year.  BUT because Old Venice Restaurant is the place we got engaged and where I took Tim to when I told him I was pregnant, when we were thinking of places we wanted to go to dinner for one of our last date nights, we decided to go to Old Venice!  We made a date for the 11th, in honor of our engagement and because it is a place where we have shared a few special times :) 

We got the magic mushrooms to start they are yummy seafood stuffed mushrooms covered with melted sizzling cheese, SO GOOD (that's coming from not the biggest mushroom fan!) and shared a salad and artichoke heart and asparagus pizza = YUMMMMM!!!  On a cocktail note, I had a boring iced tea to drink and Tim got the yummy blueberry lemondrop martini (which was ordered on behalf of what drink I would like to have a sip of :))
(Doesn't Tim look so tan and healthy...it's like he has a pregnancy "glow"!  Me...I certainly look larger sitting down!)

Earlier in the day my friend Michelle had posted on Facebook a picture of the text I had sent her the night we got engaged!!  I had never seen the text and I really didn't even remember what I had texted her.  I cannot believe she has saved it and still has it THREE years later, I think I am on my third different cell phone since then :)  Regardless...I LOVE that I now have this picture to look back on, thanks Michelle!!



4 comments:

  1. Just a few weeks and you'll be back to your yummy cocktails!!! Plus you always get water which I commend you on so I think the Ice Tea is a big step!!! Coming from someone who thinks Diet Coke is a food group and Vino is what's for Breakfast!!!!Can't wait for mommy and baby lunches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! Yeah Iced Tea has become my "specialty" drink when eating out so it's not water all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha to your comment Amber:) So next step is lunch with long island iced teas and babies! You look fabulous I would never think you're due any day now wow:) glad you got to your special place!

    And......Michelle that cell picture is unreal, yeah think I've had three phones die on me since 2009...you're full of wonderful surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant believe i still have this phone also! soon...real soon, i plan on upgrading.

    ReplyDelete