Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shower in San Diego

It's fitting that I write about the beautiful San Diego baby shower I had two weeks ago on a rare rainy San Diego Saturday. 

It was a picture perfect warm (80 degrees warm!) March day.  My friends Amber, Linnea and sister in law Lori co-hosted the shower.  It was held at Amber's house and their backyard and backdrop was a beautiful setting for the shower.  There were so many sweet and thoughtful touches that meant so much to me!

Lori put together a beautiful drink station, mimosas, pink bubbly (alcoholic and non-alcoholic options), strawberry lemonade and iced tea, so refreshing for the warm day!
 A special day for baby Raya Grace
 Lunch seating
 There was a wishing tree or guests to offer their advice or suggestions as I enter motherhood, thank you everybody for the advice it is definitely going to be helpful!
Amber has a hand or should I say hands for cooking and made all the delicious food for the shower, YUM YUM AND MORE YUM!!!  Taking from our wedding (so thoughtful) she made a roasted tomato soup and mini grilled cheese = SO GOOD! Mini tea sandwiches, delicious turkey/chicken meatballs, caprese bites turkey artichoke stromboli bites, I could go on about how great the food was but it will make me too hungry...It was all so amazing!!! (notice the little R for Raya toothpicks - so cute!)


I was gifted two very special diaper cakes, I felt SO guilty taking them apart, I know how much work goes into them...Lori made an adorable monkey themed cake (inside joke with Tim's family that he is a  monkey :))  It was so cute and thoughtful and I would have never known it was her first attempt at making a diaper cake if she never told me - GOOD JOB!!
The 2nd was made by my friends Calista and Amanda.  I met Calista back in 2007 when I coordinated her wedding the following year I had the pleasure of coordinating Amanda (her sister in laws wedding).  Following their weddings we have developed friendships which I cherish!  Calista is an super creative supermom, check out her website for the items she makes http://www.customfromcalista.com/


Everybody enjoying lunch


The girls put a game together, "The Attribute Game", I had filled it out earlier in the day in regards to which attributes I want Baby Raya to have of me and of Tim, there were about 25 things on the list and whoever matched my answers the most was the winner!  My great friend Kim won!

There were so many gifts that we are SO THANKFUL for, I have read and researched about all the stuff you need to be prepared for a baby but geesh there is A LOT of stuff you need for a baby ;)  Raya is going to be one stylish girl with the wardrobe she has already accumulated and I can't wait to start dressing her up!!


Thank you Linnea for keeping track of it all, so many people to thank and my memory with pregnancy is non-existant!

Then it was dessert time...WOW!!!  Linnea is a great baker and her and Amber put together a beautiful dessert spread - brownies, cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, PB&J cookies, chocolate covered rice krispy treats.  I have acquired a new love of chocolate during this pregnancy and I am thankful there were some leftover goodies to take home at the end because everything was SO delicious!
THANK YOU THANK YOU lovely ladies for such a beautiful day, I will never forget it and feel so special and loved!!
Baby Raya will be adding one more girl to team Girl Altbaum (The Altbaum boys are starting to get outnumbered!)


Such a wonderful day with amazing memories, this little girl is already so spoiled!!!

**A special thank you to my mom's childhood friend Joyce who lives in San Diego and was able to make it to the shower and take most of these amazing pictures to help capture the day!

XOXO to all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Woeeeee! What a beautiful day of sunshine and love and those desserts amazing! I love al of the details looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the shower photos! It was a great afternoon! Now on to the main event!

    ReplyDelete