Thursday, March 8, 2012

The NURSERY

I had a wonderful shower on Sunday with California friends and family.  So that means that nesting part 2 or more like part 200 took place this week :)  With all the generous gifts and clothes I was able to "finish up" and re-organize the nursery.

We started Project Nursery the weekend of Christmas and painted and assembled the crib.  I had the idea of neutral walls for a while that way we could use the color of choice as an accent so off we went to Home Depot to pick out the paint and painting items.  we chose a soft grey for the bottom and an ivory for the top. 

Painting progress







Overall we did the painting in two days and to my surprise when we finished the painting Tim said "let's put the crib together"...uh ok, I have to take his time while I have it right? 

Here is Tim enjoying the crib assembly with a little assembly from Zara

 TA-DA!  We did it!  It was actually not a very difficult assembly.  I have heard many nightmare stories of crib assemblies.  I think it took us just under an hour from beginning to end and putting it in place.  The crib and dresser are from Babies R Us, it is the Sorelle Brand and Verona model.  It's a rich espresso color and a nice solid wood, we love it!
Grandma Schuster bought us the bedding for the crib and I was SO excited when it came in the mail I think I got the box and put it on in a matter of minutes.  I am so glad with what we selected, the colors are very soft and calming which is exactly the feeling I wanted for the room.  Life is going to be chaotic and there will be plenty of colors and stimulation during the day but sleep time is for relaxing (at least we hope it will calm her to sleep well).

The final touches have been added this week and I think I can finally say that the room is READY!!!  Granted she won't be sleeping in there for about 3+ months but at least it's ready for her when she is ready to sleep in there, Zzzzzzz



For those of you wondering about the RAYA frame drama it was the first A that the frame broke on...I gave up on the hunt, my mom even checked Marshall's and Home Goods back in NY and couldn't find the frame, so I glued the broken on back together with some SUPER crazy glue and so far so good it has held together.  If you look up close you can see the cracks but at least it is still usable and hopefully with all the reinforcement I did I wont run into that situation again, no bueno!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for all the gifts that made putting this room together possible from top to bottom and everything in between!!  XO

3 comments:

  1. Love the before and after and the pics. of Tim:) Ohhh that's the chair-very nice and great that it reclines...Well it looks ready and fit for Princess Raya!!! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE LITTLE GIRLS ROOM! I LOVE IT! The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if ZARA is wearing a tankini or a mini tee? Could be a an off the shoulder sweater? I swear I wish I could hear what dogs say! She's probably thinking where's my friggin' pink ruffle butt or TUTU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Zara is wearing her "Naughty is the new Nice" xmas tshirt in this picture. She does like to rock it 80's style though so it hangs off her shoulders a little. I too often wonder what she is thinking - "My mom is NUTS, I hope once this baby comes she stops dressing me in silly stuff"!!

      Delete