Thursday, March 8, 2012

Parenting 101

Tim and I recently took our Childbirth Preparation classes and we are ALL SET to become parents...haha!!!  We did actually learn alot and are now more educated in several areas that we were not before.  We took our classes up at Sharp Mary Birch campus and it was a 6 week course.  Our teacher covered subjects of
  • Pre-term Labor signs
  • Relaxation and breathing techniques
  • Labor and delivery (signs and stages of labor)
  • Medications at the hospital
  • Hospital procedures
  • Birth variations (Cesarean and VBAC)
  • Hospital tour (MY FAVORITE CLASS, who would think after my hospital stay a few months back I'd be excited to go to the hospital, BUT this was a different experience. I had never seen the inside of Mary Birch and I wanted to see first hand where I would be delivering baby Raya and it all felt very real knowing that the next time I was there would be for the "real thing")
  • Review of labor and pushing (the Dads got to practice the pushing part - LOL, she said it's too risky for the women to practice at this stage but since dad will be with us, they can practice)
  • Postpartum
  • Skin to skin contact
  • Breastfeeding benefits
I hope I remember even a handful of things I learned while actually in the physical act of labor, if not I am sure Tim will he has always been a good student and I am thankful EVERYDAY that he has a pre-med background!


So, are we educated? YES..Are we ready? MAYBE...but WE PASSED!!!

2 comments:

  1. omg LOLLLLL to that pic of TIM, dying!! hahaha... you guys are going to be INCREDIBLE parents, cannot wait for Raya to arrive!!

    PS - I had that SAME feeling with the hospital tour... made it SOOOO real huh?! When it really becomes real in the L&D room itself, is once those BRIGHT lights come on, highlighting your lady-parts...whoa - that's when you'll say to yourself "OMG - this. is. actually. happening!!!"

    Such a beautiful adventure - enjoy it the best you possibly can!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Tim-lol;) So that's the class-love how I'm able to see so much of what's going on in your world out there:) Your blog is awesome...You guys are going to be such caring and loving parents! Thanks for the laugh Tim!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete