Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old Venice

Not as in Venice, Italy, we only got to Florence and Tuscany and that was back in May ;). When wracking my brain about how to tell him I was pregnant, I looked on websites and read some articles and with the cute, creative ways I found, I decided to combine a few ideas and make it my own. One of our major exciting life changing events was when Tim surprised me with a marriage proposal at one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego, Old Venice (www.oldvenicerestaurant.com, super yummy and charming Italian Restaurant in Pt. Loma).


We were engaged on April 11th (a day after my 1/2 birthday, and the excuse he gave everybody of why we were all getting together), such an amazing night and I will never forget it!

Since the baby is due right around mid-April and I love that restaurant I decided I would take him to lunch there to "surprise" him this time. He was a little suspicious as to why I was taking him to lunch mid-week but we haven't eaten there in a while AND he though my friend had come the week prior in NY so he wasn't suspicious at all. We sat down and ordered, then I said "do you want to know why I brought you here?", and I gave him a card and a little box which read;

When he opened this box this was inside;

He immediately had a look of confusion then excitement and we hugged and kissed and his first words were "no, what? really? But you lied to me?" and I explained the story as explained in my previous post :) We enjoyed our lunch and discussed when we would tell family and friends, what the next step was, what I can and can't eat now, and just relished in this new exciting chapter we were about to start.


We took this pic to always remember our special lunch! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment