Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How and when I found out...

So, we had been trying for a few months and I was starting to wonder more and more if it was going to happen, I do realize some couples try MUCH longer, I think I was just getting impatient :) I had my annual exam mid July and discussed with my doctor that we were trying and she said it's going to take 6 months to a year you have nothing to worry about this stage in the game.  I went on my way feeling good and everything was going to happen naturally...little did i know how soon after my appointment it would!

I had planned a trip East to visit family and friends for the first week of August, I was very excited to have some girl time and east coast sunshine!! My dear friend/Aunt Flow (however you refer to it) was also "due" during this time. I landed in NY went to the bathroom before heading out to greet my mom who was picking me up and like clockwork sure enough signs that my friend had arrived were there, BOOOOO....bummer, but I knew I had to keep my chin up, I had a lot of fun things in store for the days ahead.


I texted Tim and expressed that my friend had arrived and I was sad, a few words of encouragement from him and it helped put me in a better place. The first three days of my trip were spent with my childhood girlfriends who all have at least one child. It was so nice having them to chat with and bounce stories off of in regards to their experiences (PS - thank you girls, your conversation and advice were invaluable! XO).
So I went as far as to visit the local CVS in my hometown and stock up on the goods for the week. The next 3 days I was spending down at the Jersey Shore with my mom, sister, and aunt. I was so excited to just relax and spend time with them, it's been a long time since just the four of us got together.  We went swiming the ocean, took walks on the beach, watched sunsets from the balcony while eating cheese and crackers with our Skinnygirl cocktails, it was truly a summer vacation!


So by now it's about 3.5 days after I landed in NY and that friend that I thought had arrived wasn't really in full force (for lack of a better term), I started to wonder and get curious as each day passed and it was less than more I thought "am I actually getting a missed period??".  At night I would research on my phone and I now think what I had was implantation bleeding. I really just thought I was just having a strange month even though I am always very regular, so I went about my trip eating and drinking as I normally would.


I didn't want to say much or get too overexcited, Tim hadn't travelled with me so I didn't want to find out when I wasn't with him if I was in fact pregnant and how could I tell my family before him?? (I love you all very much I just felt it wouldn't be right :)). I just had a day and a half left before I returned to San Diego, I knew I had a test at home for when the time came so I decided to just wait!


I got in SUPER late on a Sunday night (thanks crazy weather over Atlanta), and while Tim was still sleeping early Monday morning I went and took one of the tests, after maybe a minute...PREGNANT read in the window (I didn't mess with the ones that have plus or minus, or one line or two lines, I wanted full on words in my face proof)


OMG!! Now what to do??? I couldn't just run into the bedroom and shove the stick in Tim's face when he was half awake (although I thought about it!) I decided to stay calm and collective and spend the day thinking about an exciting way to tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment