Thursday, February 16, 2012

Less than 60 days to go!

I have approximately 52 days until "d-day" (delivery day) and thought it would be a good time to reflect on how the first two tri-mesters have gone. My mom said the other day and I agree, it feels like just yesterday I announced that I was pregnant and at the same time it seems like I've been pregnant forever. Thank god I am not an elephant, those poor animals are pregnant for two years!!

First Tri-mester
-Excitement
-Nervous
-Sore boobs
-Headaches
-Exhaustion, I don't take naps and I napped often (Zaras favorite time of the pregnancy!)
-Heigtened sense of smell, unfortunately for Tim I didn't cook much if at all during the first few months...didn't want to go near Asain food!
-CARBS! Bagels, pasta, toast, PB, Mac and cheese!
-The first ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat for the first time, so exciting!!
-The family reveal
-Discussions about finding out the sex ahead of time or not and starting to think of names
-Forgetfulness, which is why I can't remember what else happened in first tri-mester

Second Tri-mester
-Revealing pregnancy to friends
-APPENDICITIS:(
-Started buying maternity clothes
-Belly started to show
-Boobs seemed larger
-Veins more pronounced in chest and stomach area, as I referred to it a road map across my chest
-Flutters and tiny kicks in the belly
-Gender reveal on Thanksgiving, so special!!!
-Energy back to normal (post appendicitis)
-Started registering which lead to super nesting phase
-Painted nursery and put crib together over Christmas weekend
-Belly got even bigger
-Name reveal at Christmas
-NY visit/shower
-Babymoon
-More nesting
-Went from high risk pregnancy to low risk!! Yay!

Start of Third Tri-mester
-Have gained 26 pounds already, yikes!!
-Bought more maternity clothes
-Nursery is 90% done
-Lots of movement in the belly, I may be give birth to a jr. Cirque du Soliel performer ;)
-Nasal congestion
-Belly growing more and stomach feels tight
-Parenting classes start
-Appetite has returned but stomach has shrunk :(
-Dizzy spells = no fun!
-Exhaustion and headaches return
-Nervousness returns thinking about how life is going to change in two short months!!

I am excited for the adventures of the next two months and should take advantage of just Tim and me time while we still have it!!

1 comment:

  1. So great to hear about how you're doing and it is quite the journey. You're going to have a really super baby book! I like the jr. Circ du Soleil one haha! Amazing blogging:) xo

    ReplyDelete