Wednesday, February 29, 2012

BUMP to BLIMP

33 week progress pic...
My "cute little" bump has grown into a blimp and I am starting my Goodyear days!!!  She's a little mover and shaker in there but maybe more a ballerina than soccer player.  She has recently started to push out on my sides and for about 20 seconds at a time and my skin will be HARD in that area.  All I can think is she isn't comfortable in there?? I also worry she is claustrophobic (heck I would be!!)

So far I have steered clear of belly stretch marks and my belly button is still an innie, woohoo!!  I am knocking on wood as I type...6.5 weeks to go and I am going to continue my daily oil and lotion lubing to help avoid the stretch marks.  However, I do think that the extra belly skin I had pre-pregnancy has helped out as well (I knew having that little pooch would be beneficial one day) ;)

I have certainly reached the uncomfortable stage and although I have thoughts of "I am ready for her to come", I also know I need to enjoy the calm before the storm, because once she is here I will be tired, uncomfortable AND have to care for an infant.  I'll take the uncomfortable for now!!


2 comments:

  1. LOLLL....I ALWAYS said that about my extra pre-pregnancy belly 'pooch' too!! haha, but, sadly... I did end up getting a few stretch marks, wayyyy underneath my belly, where I couldn't see until after K was born, haha! But they're not too bad, just an honorable mark - a way to remember what a joy that pregnancy was ;-) Can't wait to finally see you on Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful and keep enjoying all of the alone time and keep on lubing up lol:) Take this time to really relax and enjoy...the time is really flying:)

    ReplyDelete