Friday, October 5, 2012

Staycation

A few weeks ago San Diego Style Weddings ( a local wedding magazine) was holding their annual magazine launch party, this year also happened to be their 25th anniversary. We were invited to attend and since I've been missing a lot of the event functions Tim and I so often frequented, due to my new role as mommy, this was one party I knew I didn't want to miss!

The party was at La Costa Resort, about 30 minutes north of us. Coincidentally, Tim had DJ'ed the hotel holiday party last year and part of his payment was a two night stay which we had not redeemed yet!

One of Tim's employees lives about 5 minutes from the hotel and offered to come watch Raya while we went to the party, yippee!!! We made our reservation to stay the night before and the night of the party for our staycation!!

We hung out at the pool and Raya had her first inner tube experience. This resort has 4 different pools and a few water slides, Tim had a great time and a I did go down a few times too. It was nice to just go back to our room and get ready and walk a few yards over to the party!

Once there we noticed a few additional vendors that brought their babies and since everybody was asking about Raya we decided to let her come hang out :) I'm not sure what was funnier that Tim said we can't bring her we don't have a party dress to put her in or my response which was yes I packed on just in case!! Haha! Tim went to the room to get her party dress on for her appearance.

We had a nice time it was fun to get away in our own town :) its always so hard getting back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment