Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Nose Knows

If there is one pregnancy symptom I have had above all it is my sense of smell!!  I have come across very few things in the last three months that make me go, "oh that smells nice"...Even if it smells nice about 10 minutes later I will think it's gross and I can't get the smell out of my nose :(  GROSS!! 

Very few foods seem appetizing to me due to this "symptom".  I thankfully have not had the oh so dreaded "morning" sickness (fingers crossed I am in the clear) - I only had one morning of visiting the porcelain god, again - GROSS, but if that's all I get, I'll take it!!!  I am so thankful as I know so many friends that spend their first trimester in the bathroom! :(  I have had alot of watery mouth feeling but once I eat I feel much better. 

So what am I eating?? BLAND BLAND AND MORE BLAND....toast, sandwiches, pasta, bagels, bagels, oh and more bagels with peanut butter, butter or cream cheese, in fact had a melt down at the grocery store with Tim the other day because he asked me if all I was going to eat for the next few months was bagels - through my tears I rationalized that if that is what tastes good to me then I should be able to eat it!! I have always been known to like my carbs but we (I) have been going through a lot over here.  On a good note, I haven't gained more than a pound so far!

Anything Asian or with spice I have not even wanted to go near, the sound of it has made my stomach turn.  Today was the first day I was able to go for Thai food with Tim and I had lettuce wraps (probably the blandest thing on the menu :)).

The other symptom that has literally put me down during the first tri-mester is fatigue.  I have never been one to take naps and for a few weeks I couldn't make it past 3:00 PM without needing a break, Zara LOVED these afternoon naps with me.  I also used to be the one to stay up until 11 or 12 watching my "crap" (as Tim calls them) reality TV recorded shows and I'm lucky to see 10 PM on the clock nowadays!

As I come to the end of my 12th week, I am starting to feel all symptoms ease up and I am looking forward to heading into the 2nd tri-mester!

No comments:

Post a Comment