Saturday, February 23, 2013

Batgirl

A good friend of mine, Lisa had a superhero themed party for her son Paolo's 4th birthday. I had remembered seeing on Pinterest that you can turn any boys superhero outfit into a girls by adding a color coordinated tutu, such a cute and good idea! I had also pinned a few weeks before that how to make a girls tutu...yay creative wheels were in motion to make Raya into her very own girlie superhero!

I figured I needed the shirt or pjs before getting the color ribbons for the tutu so it all coordinated.

I went to Walmart (an easy walk from my house and figured they might have something for a reasonable price since I would technically be buying boy clothes ;)). I walked in circles for a few minutes before finding little batman PJs they looked tiny BUT the size was 12M Uhhh for those that know her little Raya will be 10 months tomorrow and JUST fitting in to 6 month clothes which are still baggy! I didn't want to give up on my idea so I held the shirt part up to her and decided I think it will fit even I a little loose the pants were way too big but that ok I had white tights for her and the tutu of course!! :)

I had already started cutting pieces of tulle for her birthday tutu so I decided to use it for the batgirl tutu and bought black and yellow ribbons to use in the tutu.

It took about 30-45 minutes to tie all the tulle and ribbons on. I attached them to a long piece of black ribbon vs. an elastic so I could tie a black bow closure and make sure it stayed up over her tiny hiney. I was quite proud of my accomplishment. Next time I have to remember to put fabric glue on the ends of the ribbon because they snagged on the tulle and Raya pulled and even chewed on them a little.

Overall, I think she looked adorable and I have my first of probably many tutus under my belt :). Her superhero powers worked enough to help her stand for a few seconds with no help!!!




1 comment:

  1. :( use pinking sheers, it will make a cut like this ^^^^ which will stop the ribbon from fraying. glue will taste super yucky.

    ReplyDelete