Friday, August 17, 2012

NY State of Mind

Raya had a great first visit to NY...it was typical August summer in NY Hazy, Hot and Humid, but we survived and I honestly think it helped her sleep better, two night in a row she did 8.5 hours of sleep!!!

My sister Jen came down from Boston to visit and my Aunt came over for play dates. We also went to my Aunts for a BBQ which was nice, I hadn't been over to her house in a while, and it was here that Raya started practicing her roll over skills.  Granted she was propped on a pillow but she rolled over and off the pillow a few times! 

It was fun to get together with my high school friends and some of Raya's future boyfriends (we have to keep an eye on her she has a list of potential future boyfriends on BOTH coasts !!).

Tim and I got to see a show in the city...NEWSIES!!!  I was seriously OBSESSED with this movie when I was a tween, I rented it like every weekend from the local video shop and when I saw it for sale one day I bought it, so yes I have a VHS copy but I fully intend to transfer it to dvd when I can.  The movie was made into a play and my mom bought us tickets for "date night".  I loved it, the music was mostly the same from the movie, so of course that was great, but the choreography was AMAZING!!!  These guys were leading and dancing all over the place, the stamina they must have, geesh! Tim had never seen the movie and I think he enjoyed the play, at the very least he can probably understand why I enjoyed the movie so much as a 12ish year old, cute boys singing and dancing around, heck yeah!!

My mom threw a little meet and greet party for her friends to meet the baby and Michelle, Sean and Logan came up to visit as well (despite all the traffic :()

And otherwise we just hung out, played with Raya, watched the Olympics, and caught up on a few glasses of wine! :)  We plan to head back east this winter and the weather is sure to be drastically different!

 

2 comments:

  1. 8.5 hours of sleep! WOW! I can only imagine what that's like. When we get 4 hours it's a big celebration in this house. Granted Miles is only 1 month old but still.....

    Raya is to die for cute. i love the pic of her with her arms up sleeping (miles does that too). You are such a beautiful mommy....I can't wait for Miles and Raya to meet one day!

    p.s. i LOVE musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I check your blog every few days and surprise lots of great pictures!!!! So glad I got to see you sweet Raya and oh boy daddy is going to have you under some east coast west coast video/phone gps surveillance once you're in your teens lol look at all those cute little boys!!!:-) I can't wait to see you again seems like a long time away...have fun today:-) love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete