Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Showered in NY

It's a little sad to be back in San Diego after a nice getaway. My family held a shower for me in NY, it was great to spend time with my dear friends and my moms dear friends. Like me some of my moms closest friends are those she's had since childhood, I've known them for years so it was special to have everybody together to celebrate Raya.

My mom and sister put everything together, a huge thank you to them for so many sweet and special touches...and thank you to everybody's generosity and thoughtful gifts for sweet baby girl who will grace us with her presence in approximately 12 weeks!!!

My sister put together this adorable clothesline and she got the sweet Eifel tower onsie, bib and burp cloth on Etsy to cordinate with baby Raya's Paris themed room.  I can't wait to use them yet I dont want them to get dirty :)

 Diaper mini cakes by Jen, each one had a theme, pacifiers, shoes, bath products and teether, so cute!!!
 Beautiful Diaper Cake by Michelle!  Michelle is a diaper cake pro and even helped me make my first one, too bad I haven't made another since I live 3,000 miles away and don't have Michelle to hold my hand through it, haha!
 Proud Grandma and Auntie
 Childhood friends (Nicky and Danielle). I definately have some great friends to offer advice and learn from.  Nicky just had her 2nd son and Danielle has two little boys running around to keep her busy.  Tara couldn't make it to the shower, she has a girl and a boy and Katie who lives accross the pond has two sweet little girls.
 Pregnant in heels
 Cute shirt my moms friends gave her - She is well deserving of her promotion!
 My childhood Sesame Street China cup and plate - When I got home to NY one of the first things I noticed was my seseme street plate and cup missing from the shelf is has been on for the last 33 years.  It means so much that now it has been passed on and is sitting in our china cabinet in the dining room for the next generation.
 One of my baby shirts, awwwww
 Yummy cake!
 Little Logan was just a little over 2 when he was ringbearer in our wedding, now just over 4 years old he hung with dad and Timmy while the girls partied, before stopping by to say hi
Thank you again everybody it was such a special day!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww you. are. ADORABLE!!! LOVEEEE the 'pregnant in heels' pic!! I wore heals up until the last few weeks, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day! You are truly one hot mama to be;)

    ReplyDelete